The chartruese cheeks vibrate in the water and are extreemly visable in all light conditions. Had a lot of success with this fly at midland resevoirs and now looks and fishes much better with gel core fritz.
Thread – Black
Hook – Size
#10 Competition Heavy
Tail – Laser
Lite Soft Pearl
Body – Jet
Black Gel Core Fritz
Cheeks – Chartruese Antron Body Wool
How To Tie
1. Bed the hook with thread returning to the eye of the hook.
2. Continue bedding the hook two thirds down the hook shank.
3. Cut approx ten strands of laser lite soft pearl. Tie in as a tail and trim off the excess.
4. Using finger and thumb pull the flash material on the fritz to expose the core. Once exposed tie in the core and continue bedding materials in with thread until you reach the bend. Return the thread to the eye of the hook.
5. Rotate the gel core fritz around the hook shank towards the eye in touching turns. With each turn stroke back the existing fritz to obtain the maximum bushy effect. Leave enough space near the eye to tie in the cheeks and tie in the gel core fritz. Trim excess.
6. Tie in the antron cheeks, whip finish and varnish.
Steve Beacall is the owner of Cudafly and has been running this business for over four years. Steve has been fishing since the age of 10. If its got fins Steve will try to catch it on the fly. Starting as most of us do with coarse the sea angling, Steve found his true angling passion within Game fishing. From working within the industry starting at a trout fishery and then as a sales representative with some of the leading manufactures in the game sector, Steve always has his finger on the pulse. Since starting fly fishing Steve has always tied his own flies. Observation at the water side is reflected in his own innovative fly designs .Professionally tying first for a trout fishery, then supplying 20 game angling outlets to the opening of Steve’s custom flies. Steve has also tied at the British Fly Fair on a number of occasions. Steve is always approachable either at the bank side or via this blog. If you would like any fly tying or fly fishing help simply post a comment and Steve will reply ASAP. This Blog is a collection of his fly tying and fly fishing experiences, thoughts and tying styles.